The supervising driver does not have to be insured on the vehicle; neither do they have to be the vehicle owner.
The following requirements of the law must be met to be a supervising driver:
- are at least 21 years old
- have held a full driving licence for a minimum of 3 years for the type of vehicle they are supervising in i.e. manual/auto (From countries within the EU and the EEC)
- ensure the car is in a safe and legal condition
- meet the minimum eyesight standards
- ensure the car displays L plates
Please note: Our Policy Booklet states that the Supervising Passenger must be over 25. However, this is in the process of being amended. For clarity, the Supervising Passenger on your Veygo Learner Driver Insurance must be at least 21.