No, the owner of the vehicle does not need to be a passenger in the car when you are borrowing it. They are also still able to use the car under their main insurance policy and share the vehicle with you as and when it’s needed.
Articles in this section
- What is Veygo?
- Can I quote if the owner has leased/financed their car?
- Will my Veygo policy affect the owner’s main insurance?
- Can I get cover on vans, camper vans or minibuses?
- Is Veygo insurance dual insurance?
- Does the owner of the vehicle need to be in the vehicle while I’m driving with Car Sharing Insurance?